Monday, July 2, 2012

HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH CUBA, VENEZUELA, and a CANADA 'reality' check !
















HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH CUBA, VENEZUELA, and a CANADA 'reality' check !


http://blogforcuba.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/07/human-rights-foundation-on-july-28-2012-human-rights-foundation-hrf-joined-the-campaign-organized-by-the-geneva-based.html
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c6dc353ef017742f22715970d
http://blogforcuba.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/07/human-rights-foundation-on-july-28-2012-human-rights-foundation-hrf-joined-the-campaign-organized-by-the-geneva-based.html
http://thehrf.org/
http://humanrightsfoundation.org/media/HRF-Elects-Garry-Kasparov-Chairman.php

02 July 2012
Cuba, Russia, and China Shut Down UN Human Rights Discussion About Venezuela
Human Rights Foundation:

    On July 28, 2012, Human Rights Foundation (HRF) joined the campaign organized by the Geneva-based human rights group, U.N. Watch, to stop Venezuela from obtaining a seat on the UN Human Rights Council. In this video, HRF president Thor Halvorssen addresses the UNHRC and the opponents of human rights revealed their intolerance and their fear of being exposed.

    "My name is Thor Halvorssen and I am from Venezuela. In 2004, my mother was shot by the security forces of the Venezuelan government of Hugo Chavez.

    Through the Human Rights Foundation, which I founded and direct, I have carefully monitored the Venezuelan state and have established that its current government is among Latin America's worst human rights violators.

    In Venezuela, exercising free speech is fraught with risks. Political dissent is criminalized. Property is capriciously and unlawfully seized. Opposition politicians are disqualified from elections thanks to false accusations. Journalists are harassed and media critical of the government is simply shut down. Judges are fired and even sent to prison when the president dislikes their rulings. More than 150,000 people have been killed in Venezuela since Lieutenant Colonel Chávez was elected president in 1999. Add to this the more than 5,000 who have died in the country's disgraceful prisons, many of them awaiting trial and therefore possibly innocent of the charges that put them behind bars in the first place. No such murder rate had ever existed in Venezuela, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. The government has proven that it is incapable of protecting the most basic human right--the right to life.

    While all of this has taken place this council has remained silent.

    Madam President, despite all of this, Venezuela is now seeking election to this council. When it was founded in 2006 the council promised that only those countries that "uphold the highest standards in the promotion and protection of human rights" would be the only ones elected. To elect Venezuela would shame and embarrass this council and would allow Venezuela to shield its horrendous record of abuse and equally problematically, to validate other authoritarian governments such as Syria, Iran and one that sits shamefully on this council: Cuba. Electing Venezuela would deny this council the chance to shine a light into the darkness that envelops Venezuela and it will blunt actions to protect 29 millions Venezuelans who are at the mercy [of a malicious and incompetent government]."

Watch the video.

Posted at 08:14 AM | Permalink
TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c6dc353ef017742f22715970d

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Cuba, Russia, and China Shut Down UN Human Rights Discussion About Venezuela :
Comments

No doubt Venezuela is a very contradictory "human rights" problem ! Some do not have any problem, and some even prefer leaving Venezuela ! IF THEY CAN ! At least they have not been trapped in like in CUBA or China !
IN CANADA THERE IS NO FORCEFUL "EXPROPRIATION" of properties or basic home, other than ignorant "fore-closures", or 'forceful' over time when no family is left, or health issues or loss of work and government forces them finally out to "landlord" rents: it does happen, but covered up !


CANADIANS HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT A "PERSONA" IS AND YOUR BASIC RIGHTS IN contrast with "draconian" rules and laws. THEY HAVE SOLD THEIR PERSONS OUT BECAUSE OF JUDICIAL AND SOCIAL AND "COGNITIVE" IGNORANCE...!

SOMEBODY ONCE SAID or did I:

"...I PREFER a bit rubished or dirty house, home or CITY, for my freedom of speech, and normal behavior of freedom of presence, THAN WHAT CANADA CONSIDERS TO BE "NORMAL"...!"

"...I PREFER to be me, and not any CANADIAN that I know so far, nor anyone, or RCMP Police racist, narcisist, megalonomanic, communist, extreme controlling, will control me thus, and I will be this that I am, in CANADA, and anywhere !"

"...I PREFER the truth, than imaginary beliefs on "paper" in a book, be it RELIGION , or ACADEMIA EVOLUTION...! AS I AM ME, and nobodies else's desires of control over me...!"


"...I PREFER "HEAVEN" HERE than an imaginary one to never come...!"


"...I PREFER TO BE ABLE TO SAY WHAT I WANT, so that I do not go on, being a "dumb-bell" that could not say anything for yourself...!"


"...I PREFER TO OPPOSE anything I do not believe, so that as equally others are told wrong things, they do not believe for ever stories and lies...!"


"...I PREFER TO BE ME, than what Canada Mental Health Act, believes I should be, or want me to be...!, or anybody else...!"


"...I WILL BE ME, and not what anybody else thinks is better for me, other than what my parents taught me and I learned normally from "normal" sources... !


" I AM ME, BECAUSE I COME FROM A WELL EDUCATED UNIVERSITY BACKGROUND, AND no-education rights, even non-government funded, is another misnomer of CANADA...!"



George F. Thomson

Posted by: Abiteinthechunk.blogspot.com | 02 July 2012 at 03:54 PM
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment